Friday, September 19, 2008

Our "Schedule"

So, if you have EVER had children you know "schedule" is in quotes for a reason!!

We attempt to follow the schedule below. Chrissy's family follows a different schedule that works for them.

We have preschool time (focused activity) for 30-45 mins two days a week. My daughter is only 16 months old so I typically do this while she is napping so my son can have my undivided attention.

  • During this time we do our craft project and talk about our letter and number

Circle Time and Center Time are interspersed as often as we get a chance since they are more entertaining and less "sit still and focus" things.

  • Circle Time: We read stories (including our bible stories), sing songs and rhymes or pretend play within our theme. Chrissy posted about Circle Time here.
  • Center Time: I haven't done this yet but the idea is that you select 3-5 toys for your child to play with that relate to the theme for the month and place them in the center of the room. These would be in a room without other distractions (TV, other toys, etc) for about 20-30 mins. Let the child play at will for the length of the activity.

Our only other scheduled time is for our "activity days". These are the planned outings for the month and are only 2 or 3x a month (not necessarily every week).

This schedule is new and subject to revisions as we go along since I have no idea what my kids will actually be able to handle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also homeschooling my children, ages 3 & 4, and will continue to do so until college. I praise your decision to keep your kids home and teach them yourself, if even only for a year! I do have only one request. Will you please add a way for me to subscribe to your blog via email? I don't like following RSS Feeds. Thanks! :o)

Unknown said...

still super excited!